|Dr. Jayantha Abeysinghe|
Dr Jayantha Abeysinghe is a specialist surgeon with experience over 20 years as a surgeon. He had undergone training and obtained postgraduate qualification from three different countries.
He worked as a General and Head and Neck Surgeon in Sri Lanka and undergone post fellowship training in United Kingdom and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. His training in UK includes training in minimal access surgery and laparoscopic surgery.
He underwent further postgraduate training in Australia and completed post fellowship training in Endocrine surgery and Breast surgery.
He provides consultation and surgical procedures related to General, Head and Neck, Endocrine, Breast and Bowel surgery. He will be able to provide professional advice on your condition and different options available to treat your condition including surgery. When surgical procedure is required for the treatment of your condition he can discuss procedure in details, recovery period, issues related to returning to work and possible complications of your condition.
- FRCS (Eng)
- MS (General Surgery)
The common surgeries carried under his care:
- General surgery
- Thyroid surgery
- Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery
- Gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Laparoscopy hernia surgery
- Salivary glands and neck surgery
- Bowel surgery
- Breast surgery
- Parathyroid surgery
- He is actively participating in clinical teaching of medical students and doctors trained to be surgeons on a regular basis as a capacity of a General Surgeon in Sydney Teaching Hospitals.
- He actively participates in quality control and improvement of theater facilities in order to improve the standard of surgical care in the hospital
- He takes an active role in multidisciplinary meetings where patient care is involved in multiple specialties
Papers and Publications:
- Fate and complications of intravenous cannulae in Medical Wards – Abeysinghe J. D. Kularatne N.
Presented at the Annual Sessions of Kandy Society of Medicine – 1987
- Vascular Problems in Thoracic outlet obstruction – Abeysinghe J. D., Sheriffdeen A. H.
Presented at the Annual Scientific sessions of the college of surgeons of Sri Lanka – 1989
- Management of Blunt splenic injury : Analysis of management techniques at Nepean Hospital – Dr. Jayantha Abeysinghe
Presented at 2004 NSW Registrars’ papers day
- Early experience of Laparoscopic anterior resection in Canberra.
Presented at Annual Scientific sessions of Royal College of Surgeons ACT Branch 2006
- Mimicry of Appendicitis Wen-Xiao Z, Abeysinghe J, Chua T , ANZ journal of surg,83, 3, March 2013 193-4.